The Market is held on the 3rd Saturday
of the month during the summer months from October to March
(market reopens October 21st 2017)
It is situated in Albert Street Warragul on Civic Place and is held in conjunction with the Warragul Farmers Market.
Market runs from 9.00- 1.00
Stall Holders should contact Jessie McLennan
For your market Application click here
The Christmas Market is the next market. Possibly December 9th.
The market is now at the Trafalgar Hall in Contingent St Trafalgar.
Click for your Stallholder Application
TRAFALGAR Arts Markets info 2017-2018 season
ABN: 84 048 435 167
Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc. runs the Trafalgar Arts Market on the first Saturday of each month from 9am – 1.00pm. (October –March) in at the Hall in Contingent St Trafalgar. This Arts Market is a free cultural event where visitors can view and experience what the local arts community has to offer. Artists showcase their unique handmade art works including painting, printmaking, illustrations, sculpture, ceramics, mosaics, photography, woodwork, furniture, fibre work, knitting, metalwork, handmade jewellery and clothing. Visitors can also view demonstrating artists, live music and performers as well as participate in hands on creative arts activities. The market is a unique experience that brings the creative to the Trafalgar community and beyond. It provides an opportunity for people to talk directly with artists about their work. It offers a venue for artists to build networks and collaborate with other artists and to be part of an active creative community. Non-profit community art groups may apply to have a stall free of charge.
Important Information for stallholders
- 1. Items for sale must be original and made, designed or produced by the stallholder. Priority is given to Bbaa members, local artists and to unique works.
- 2. Due to the popularity of the market there is a selection committee to ensure quality and diversity of artists stalls with the aim to have no more than 10% of stalls in any one category. Preference is given to artists making unique works with a high quality and to local artists.
- 3. Regular stall sizes -3m x 3m. Line marking spray indicates stall boundaries and numbers. Small stall site sizes vary, but can accommodate a trestle table only. No double sites may be booked.
- 4. Stall bookings- Sites are secured by advance payment. Site allocations may change from time to time without notice and are at the discretion of the organizing committee.
- 5. Stall Costs – REGULAR size $150 for one season (six months) or TRESTLE TABLE - $90 for one season. Casual stalls are available at $30/20. Financial members of the Baw Baw Arts Alliance (Bbaa) may receive a $20 discount for season bookings. (Arts Market fees does not include Bbaa membership.)
- 6. Payments can be made by cheque made out to Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc. or by direct debit to Bendigo Bank- Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc- bsb- 633-000 acc# 126093996 with stall holders name as reference preceeded by the letters TAM (Trafalgar Arts Market). Example: TAM Jo Smith (if depositing to a bank teller use the bsb –633-108)
- 7. Market Times: 9.00am -1.00pm. Pack up after 1pm is important. Early pack up only with the consent of the Market Coordinator on the day.
- 8. Stallholders may arrive to set up between 7 and 8:30. (Stallholders not arrived by 8.30am may lose their site.) Stallholders MUST park on the side of the road to unload. No cars may be driven onto the grass. Once unloaded, cars must be parked off site immediately. Parking is not permitted on Princes Hwy or in the Station car park. Directions to the designated car park will be given on market day. Cars are allowed back in to collect goods after 1.15pm.
- 9. Individual stallholders, demonstrating artists and performers will all need their own public liability insurance and present their insurance certificate to the market coordinator when applying for a stall (financial members of Bbaa are excluded as they are covered under Bbaa Public Liability).
- 10. Marquees MUST be secured against the wind. Ground pegs MAY NOT BE USED. Sand bags or weights of 15 kg each are preferred. If a stallholder does not weight their marquee they will not be asked back for future markets.
- 11. The Market Coordinator needs to be informed if you cannot make the next market ASAP. Cancellations will be accepted up to two days before the market without penalty. Any cancellations received after that time may forfeit their stall fees or be refused a spot in the next market. Remember, we want a full complement of artists so late cancellations mean an empty spot.
- 12. The Trafalgar Arts Market is promoted in many ways. Signs are placed around Trafalgar and along the Hwy. Ads are in the Latrobe Valley Express, Warragul Gazette and Trader, What’s Happening West Gippsland, Coast to Country Journal and the Gippslander. The Trafalgar Arts Market also has a facebook site and is listed on many websites. As a volunteer organization, we encourage stallholders to hand out fliers and promote the Trafalgar Arts Market in their own ways.
- 13. Arts Market coordinator – Wendy Hitchins 0407 710 180 or email@example.com