Warragul Arts Members Market
Terms & Conditions:
Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc. (hereinafter known as Arts Alliance) runs the Warragul Arts Members Market. The Arts Alliance is a volunteer organisation. The Arts Market is a free cultural event where visitors can view and experience what the local arts community has to offer. Artists showcase their unique handmade art works covering a large variety of genre. Warragul Arts Members Market is on the third Saturday of each month from 8.30am - 1.00pm. October to April) in the the carpark of the Performing Art Centre, Albert Road Warragul
- The applicant (stallholder) must be a member of the Arts Alliance.
- Applications are to be submitted via the Arts Alliance website form. All information requested must be provided at the time of application.
- Stallholders must be offering items for sale that are their own work
- All applications will be considered by the Arts Alliance Arts Market Selection Committee. Applicants will be advised of the outcome by email.
- To maintain diversity of stalls, each category will be capped to ensure an even spread of stall types. (Timelines - see website)
- Preference will be given to high-quality, authentic artworks, innovative products, crafts, handmade goods and to local artists.
- A limited number of Free Stalls for youth (up to 18 years of age). Children of 15 years or under are required to have parent/guardian consent and must be present on site during market.
- Payment must be made 7 days prior to the market.
- You are able to pay for the season upfront giving you one market free. You can pay for all markets requested on your application or you can pay by the month.
- All stallholders must hold current public liability insurance to a minimum of AUD $10,000,000.
- The stallholder is solely responsible for performance of their products and any consumer laws that might arise by problems with their products.
- Stallholders may set up from 6.30 am and must be ready by 8.30 am. Vehicles must be removed from site by 7.45am. Anyone arriving after 7.45am will not be allowed to drive into the market and will have to transport goods in by hand. Stalls are not permitted to be dismantled before 1:00 pm and vehicles must wait until 1:15pm before entering to collect equipment.
- Stallholders must treat their stall as a place of business and are therefore required to operate their stall safely, complying with OH&S and similar requirements and regulations. Marquees must be secured against the wind. 15kg weights per leg, are mandatory.
- The Stallholder must make sure all signage and goods are kept within the boundaries of their allocated space.
- Stallholders or stallholder representatives must man stalls at all times.
- Products will be monitored for consistency by our authorised Market Co-ordinator. The Arts Alliance reserves the right to request stallholders to remove items not consistent with their application.
- Products displaying offensive words and pictures are banned from this market
- Cancellation: Please advise of any cancellations 72hrs prior to the market day by notifying the Market Administrator by phone. (No refunds are applicable for cancellations). Stallholders who miss two consecutive markets without notice will not be asked back.
- Spruiking by stallholders will not be accepted at any time.
- We have a market policy to run a plastic bag and balloon free event. Stallholders should use alternatives for packing and/or encourage customers to bring their own bags etc . All packaging materials and rubbish generated by the stallholder must be removed from the site by the stallholder.
Arts Alliance’s Responsibility
- To supply a good clean market ready space.
- To keep communication open between stallholders and Bbaa.
- To make sure all Terms and Conditions are upheld by all Stallholders.
- To keep the market stallholders and market patrons safe by making changes on the day to the above times and site access in response to Code Red days, winds gusting in excess of 35klms etc
- To follow up any problems arising on the day by stallholders and market patrons.
Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc will not accept any responsibility for expenses arising from theft and/or damage to artwork/goods during the market. Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc will not accept any responsibility for death or injury to any person whilst in the confines of the market.
Baw Baw Arts Alliance Inc. (July 2023)